Has your body been changing even though you are eating and exercising like you always did? Have you always struggled with your weight? Are you struggling with your diet?
As we age our hormones decrease we need to take a more comprehensive look into the “why”! It is imperative to individualize health and weight management!!!! One size does not fit all!!
- Evaluate what you are eating and assess what is the right approach for you and your genes, phase of life, budget and other health conditions. Just because a neighbor or co-worker did well on a particular “diet” that is making them lose weight, doesn’t mean it is the right fit for you.
- How is your metabolism? Evaluating thyroid by looking at not just TSH, also, free T3 and free T4. Are the levels on the low range of normal or optimal?
- Women: Did you have acne, heavy periods, hair loss, PMS or fertility issues? Were the symptoms treated without identifying the cause? Do you have PCOS? Are you insulin resistant and it is more difficult to control as you are getting older? How is your muscle mass?
- Men: Check testosterone however make sure to look at the FREE and total testosterone. The free testosterone is what is bio-available and what your body uses.
- Stress and Sleep play a bigger role than most people think as we age. As a well-balanced machine, our hormones often compensate for one another. However, as we age and our hormone “stores” are running low these lifestyle factors truly affect us.
While you can’t do anything to slow the passage of time, there are steps you can take to lose weight as you age. We would be happy to help you get back on track. Come into our office for a consultation to get your hormones checked! 480-398-8301