A PDO thread lift is an FDA-approved procedure, designed to subtly lift the facial features to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. While encouraging collagen production for more volume in the treated areas. The threads come in a variety of textures for customized treatments.
What is the PDO Thread Lift?
The lift is a treatment that lifts and tightens sagging skin tissue. It uses threads made of Polydioxanone (PDO). Therefore the threads introduce them into the deeper layers of the skin. Once introduced, the threads produce 3 effects on the skin:
- Instant Skin Lifting through mechanical effects
- Cellular Renewal, through Collagen stimulation, and neovascularisation to improve skin texture, fine lines, and elasticity
- Skin Tightening, by contracting fat tissue
About 6 months after the procedure, the PDO threads will disappear through simple hydrolysis (they are absorbable). The lifted facial contours will remain for about 3-6 months more, due to the cellular rejuvenation effects. We stimulate skin cells to produce new collagen, and new blood vessels to improve skin microcirculation. At the same time, the PDO threads cause the fat tissue to contract, producing a skin tightening and facial slimming effect.
- First we mark the skin for insertion and direction of the inserted threads.
- The insertion points are anesthetized. Multiple threads can be inserted through the same point in the skin. PDO threads attach to a long cannula.
- The cannula will pushed through the tissue beneath the skin. When the thread has reached its predetermined endpoint, the thread will released, and the cannula removed.
- Repeat the process until we achieve the desired lift. Insert 1-15 threads depending on the treatment area and concern thats addressed.
- Trim any extra thread.
- Massage the threads to ensure the tissue is smooth and no dimpling is present.
Recovery is minimal after a Thread lift procedure. So, most patients are able to resume normal activity within 1 week postoperatively.
To sum up the goal of a PDO thread lift is to reposition facial and neck tissues to restore and rejuvenate youthful proportions and appearances to the face.